After a succession of requests from various users asking for the cockpit view, it was clear that this view would definitely had to be available immediately in the first release.
So this week was focused only towards the development of this view.
The three available views:
For now, only the F-16 has cockpit view, but the other aircrafts and following additions will have their respective cockpits as quickly as possible.
There is also the possibility to add a fourth view, another cockpit view, but more distant to the panels thus having a more clear view of the soundings
It’s still possible to look around in the cockpit view:
The date has been set; it will be in June 20!
The main reason of the release being delayed up this point, was to be able to offer a game that even in the first alpha release has already the main key elements implemented.
In the current version, it is possible to make/play campaigns from start to end as well as adding any kind of user made content.
This was to reduce the risk of the alpha supporters, a game fully playable without the supporters having to wait weeks or months for main gameplay elements to be implemented.
- A solid game engine capable of recreating almost all the missions that other games of the genre have.
- Campaign mode (including the ability to start a new campaign but keeping all weapons and aircrafts that were previously unlocked).
- Free mission mode.
- Battle scenario mode.
- Multiple difficulty levels (defined per campaign).
- Fully customizable game content. (campaigns, missions, units, weapons, menus and more)
- 10~20 missions.
- 20~30 flyable airplanes. (beware, many of them are variants, so this number can be misleading)
- Efficient and adaptable AI, capable of automatically adjusting the behavior considering the characteristics of unit and weapon it uses.
- Exclusive access to the Debug Mode with the ability to take over and control every unit in the field (only available while in alpha phase).
- and more…
(Until the alpha is released more content and features may be added, so the official list will only be available in the day of the release)
- Functionally over design (in the HUD and menus).
- Few maps.
- No vegetation (it is already possible to add, but it had to placed individually. Too time consuming, it will only be present when a more effect method is available).
- The main campaigns are not yet in the game.
- No collision between ground units.
- Few story elements.
- Possible some bugs.
Highest priority (things that likely be available in the next weeks after the alpha release):
- Skirmish Mode.
- Helicopter units.
- Conversion pack.
- Bay doors.
- In game cut-scene
- Squad/group AI behavior
- Squad management & control
- Landing & takeoff.
- Carrier unit (fully workable).
- Submarine unit.
- Arcade mode.
- Visual novel like cut-scene.
- Humanoid unit.
- Allow to create missions for any type of unit.
- In game editor.
- Day & night cycle.
- Multiple weapons for ground units.
- Mission branching by in menu choices (i.e. in briefing).
- Laser weapons.
- Munitions dispenser Weapons.
- Standoff dispenser weapons.
- Support units (Buff & debuff other units).
- Menu Based travel system.
- Weather influence.
- Day light influence.
- Temperature influence.
- Challenge mode.
- Destroyable projectiles.
- Remote controllable projectiles.
- In game photo shot mode.
- Night vision.
- Offensive/defensive upgrades for units.
- Set different weapons for ground units.
(Note that small additions or improvements are not listed here, for example, redesigning de menu/huds)
The list above is what’s expected to be added in the game. It is not listed in order of implementation and lower priority elements may be added before the highest being completely cleared.
Also, most of this list is expected to be implemented in a year of deployment regardless how successful the alpha funding may turn out to be.
In case of a successful alpha funding, more production values will be added to the deployment allowing faster content & features development, with the possibility of expanding the game beyond what its listed here.
The goal, is to make this game as a reference for arcade flight sims on the PC, but there is a will to be more than that, another goal is to make a full warfare engine capable of delivering mods such as space battles of epic scale or fast paced robot action with little to no effort required from the mod makers.
- Added cockpit view.
- Improved Skins & Materials management.
- Added F-16C Block30 Cockpit.
Stay tuned, more reports will follow